Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  velluti@c...
velluti@c...
Date:  Fri Nov 9, 2001  8:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] obscure arias?

I have no experience of auditioning singers, but plenty, in the past, of
interviewing people.
I would just suggest that, if your best "shot" is the obscure aria, start with
that; (what is it, by the way?)
My reasons: if it is the one you know best and like best, it will make the best
impression ! (Sorry for the
repetition....deliberate!)
Also, it will cause your interviewers to pay great attention, as it is very
likely that /they/ won't know it, either; your
knowledge and your interpretation should make a marked impression.

One ends, I believe, with one's show-piece aria, having consolidated one's
position with the other three.

I am not a musician, I am afraid; just an historian. Best of luck, anyway,
Regards,

Elsa
Updated web site: August 2001
http://www.cix.co.uk/~velluti