Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "nancy clasby" <nturnage@h...>
"nancy clasby" <nturnage@h...>
Date:  Thu Nov 8, 2001  8:17 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Your opinions

One of my teachers talked about a "spinning sound." She said to pretend you
have a ping-pong ball in your mouth and to keep it rolling/spinning. A
newspaper review of one of her performances mentioned her having "a sound
that starts spinning even before the note is heard." Sort of far-fetched,
but my impression is that it is a particularly "alive" tonal quality.
Nancy C.