Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
"Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Thu Nov 8, 2001  6:57 pm
Subject:  Vibrato

Besides, not
everyone likes her vibrato :-)

Keep up your spirits!

Tako

I have heard this about vibrato...and mind you to my ear she doesn't have a
really big vibrato sound...I mean when I think about yucky vibrato I think Liza
Minelli (sorry Liza fans) My voice teacher and I discussed vibrato yesterday
and she said that she took her younger voice students to a contest last week
and she was amazed at how some judges LOVED huge vibrato...you know the kind
that has HUGE waves in it and other judges hated any vibrato at all. I don't
really think my teacher likes vibrato herself...and I like a little I must say.
When you listen to Bartoli's voice do you hear a lot of vibrato? I mostly hear
a darkness there...a richness I guess.

Oh and yeah...I did consider the fact that I was using a 10.00 mic to record
my voice...(ha ha ha) but it was still interesting to compare the two...and as
I go on in my lesssons it will be interesting to compare old recordings to
newer and better ones.

Thanks for the kind words!
Lea Ann

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
20057 Re: Vibrato LYNDA313@a...   Mon  9/9/2002   3 KB
20075 suggestions to help improve a voice Jodie Bean bean2871_2000 Tue  9/10/2002   2 KB
20082 Re: suggestions to help improve a voice Anthony Howden antnee1027 Wed  9/11/2002   3 KB
20083 Re: suggestions to help improve a voice Cynthia Donnell   Wed  9/11/2002   4 KB

emusic.com