Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
"Tako Oda" <toda@m...>
Date:  Thu Nov 8, 2001  5:56 pm
Subject:  Re: spectrum analysis

Dear Lea Ann,

Remember London Classics has a state of the art recording studio and
a pair of $10,000 mics. Keep in mind that some of the stuff you're
seeing in her analyis is the piano part adding sound. Besides, not
everyone likes her vibrato :-)

Keep up your spirits!

Tako

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "Lea Ann" < --- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "Lea Ann" < > Ha ha ha that was great fun...listening to myself was a "chore"
and not pleasant really....but this is what I did..I made a wav file
of Cecilia Bartoli singing the first line of Caro Mio
Ben....essentially just "Caro Mio Ben" and then a wav file of me
singing the same thing. I analyzed them both and froze them at the
same moment.... What a difference! Cecilia's voice has
pronounced "waves" in it...is that Vibrato? Mine has none...none at
all. The bottom bars in Cecilia's spec were very strong and
thick...mine were all the same...thin all thin. So...what have I
learned from this? (and I am laughing so hard now I can barely type)
I suck...I really really stink. (ha ha ha ha) but that's okay because
it's true I haven't been doing this for very long at all...so I am
sure to improve.

> Lea Ann

emusic.com