Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
"Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Wed Nov 7, 2001  5:21 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Kansas City Lyric Opera (local opera auditions)

Lea Ann, the situation you describe in Kansas City is not particularly
unusual, as you can see! The major regional opera companies are much more
competitive than someone new to the professional opera world might think.
(No offense meant; I don't know your background.)

Oh it willbe a LONG LONG time before I am ready to audition for even a chorus
role. I am finding all the local audition guidlines so interesting. I am glad
to hear that some companies will allow local people to audition for their
principle roles..I just thought our web site) Kansas City Lyric Opera sounded
VERY cold toward local people. It's nice to hear it isn't like that
everywhere. Is it uncommon to hold principle auditions only in New York City?
That's the bit I though was so strange.

Lea Ann

emusic.com