Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Tue Nov 6, 2001  10:30 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Kansas City Lyric Opera

Lea Ann wrote:

> Out of curiosity I ask this question...in your communities how do auditions
work? Here in the Kansas City area The Kansas City Lyric Opera hold auditions
in New york ONCE (I think) a year for all the principles and twice a year
locally for Chorus roles. Is this fairly common?

The Washington Opera holds chorus auditions in the spring
for all the following season's operas. It's a very big deal
around here. Anyone can sign up to audition for the chorus,
though the ad specifies people who have studied opera vocal
technique.

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...