Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Tue Nov 6, 2001  4:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] sposa son disprezzata

I love "Vittoria mio core". I'm also easily bored by some of those Arie
Antiche - "O cessate di piagarmi" is one that puts me to sleep - and
"Amarilli" isn't much more exciting. But I have always loved "Vittoria",
and also "Sebben crudele", "Pur dicesti o boca bella", and "Quella fiamma
che m'accende". Though frankly, for my tastes, I'd much rather sing songs
by Tosti and di Capua than by Lotti and Scarlatti.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

---
Hillaire Belloc's flawed but insightful essay on Islam:
http://www.ewtn.com/library/HOMELIBR/HERESY4.TXT

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsyl., 1759

emusic.com