Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Mon Nov 5, 2001  12:23 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] What did you think of Sweeney Todd?

I thought the overall production was very well done.
I liked George. Patti was just sort of weird. I
heard that Christine Baranski had done the role at one
time and I think that would have been interesting to
see. I thought Patti was a little to stagy and
probably the wrong type for Mrs. Lovett. I always
took Mrs. Lovett as more of a character actress part
and LuPone is a definite leading lady type. I enjoyed
Johanna and I like the actor playing Anthony. One of
my friends was watching the production and called me
after he had sung Johanna (it's also a song in my rep)
and commented on his jaw tension. He seemed to have
some odd jaw and lip action. Did anyone else notice
this? I'd love to see this show in full production.
It's a gem.

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com

emusic.com