Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Rachel Parker" <despina@p...>
Date:  Sun Nov 4, 2001  1:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] (rep) I'm tone deaf and other funny songs

You might want to check out the cabaret songs by Benjamin Britten and
William Bolcom. There are also many songs from musicals you might want to
try -- two that come to mind are "Vanilla Ice Cream" from "She Loves Me" and
"This Place Is Mine" from "Phantom" (Yeston).

There's also a Bolcom piece called (believe it or not) "Lime Jello
Marshmallow Cottage Cheese Surprise" which is a very funny takeoff on the
"ladies who lunch" set.

Keep us posted on your progress -- I'm planning a humorous set for my next
recital and am always looking for ideas!

Have fun,
Rachel
despina@p...