Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
"Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Sun Nov 4, 2001  2:26 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] sposa son disprezzata

You know what? I have my beginning students leave that out. Frankly, I
don't think it's stylistically necessary to keep it in. It's HARD. Get the
song solid and then add that in. In fact, in the 26 Italian Songs and
Arias, published by Alfred (which is the preferred edition these days), a
breath mark is indicated. So breathe. Air is fuel.

Yes I agree...it is hard! And I am a sort of new to this and there seems to be
so much going on right there...I don't have the sheet music in front of me know
but I think that part is a long phrase and a slide too and ppp and AH so much
stuff to do! What I am really getting stuck about is the ppp part...how to do
the slide and make it soft and nice...I don't seem to have enough control over
my voice yet to make the ppp sound nice it sounds quite breathy to me still. I
am sure that will take time. You are right about the breath there...if I
didn't take that I breath I would have even more problems.

Lea Ann

emusic.com