Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Fri Nov 2, 2001  5:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] sposa son disprezzata

You might also be interested to know that there is a great recording
of this by Cecilia Bartoli on her CD "Se tu mami". This is my
current favourite CD.

Oh I know and isn't it wonderful? I love it. Strangely enough my voice
teacher doesn't listen to any of the bright new stars...she didn't even know who
Russel Watson was..do you think that's weird? When I sing I really like the
dark dusky tones...and my teacher tries to discourage them...and I know Cecila
Bartoli is famous for that dusky way of singing...I even brought my teacher a
CD...but I doubt she has listened to it.

It has a great selection of songs that
everyone studies at some point or another: Amarilli, Se tu Mami,
Sposa son disprezzata, Vittoria! Vittoria! etc highly recommended

Well, try as I might I could not find Sposa Son Disprezzata by itself but I
did find it in a book called Arias For Soprano from Opera published by
Ricordi...it wasn't really what I wanted because for 17.95 I will get one
aria..but it was all I could find.

Last week at my lesson she asked me if I wanted to do a Christmas song...and I
must say I was glad to get a chance to sind somthing else besides tired old Caro
Mio Ben...which is starting to really get on my nerves. I still have terrible
problems with Caro...especially the slides in ppp like "Tan to rigouuuuuuurrr
Caro Mio Ben blah blah blah) I am afraid I will be so sick of Caro Mio Ben
before I ever get it right that I will never finish.

I am giving up on finding Nella Fantasia....I don't think it will ever be made
available to the public. Oh well...

Lea Ann

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
15126 Re: sposa son disprezzataarado_ge@y...   Mon  11/5/2001