Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Imthurn Melinda <mimthurn@y...>
Date:  Wed Oct 31, 2001  8:34 pm
Subject:  Student with pitch problems

I have found a substantial gap in my knowledge that I
am hoping some of you can help to fill! I have the
closest thing I've had yet to a "tone deaf" student
and am I not quite sure how to handle him! When he
"sings", it comes out as speech on a couple of low
pitches that doesn't seem to follow any pattern,
except that it is rhythmically correct. Occasionally
he will surprise me and sing a few notes or a phrase
correctly, but I have not found any pattern as to when
this happens.

Please point me to some resources or exercises that
you have found effective! I find nothing in my
library to help me with this! (Or perhaps I don't
know where to look.)

Melinda Imthurn

15051 Re: Student with pitch problemsJohn Link   Thu  11/1/2001

emusic.com