Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Mon Oct 29, 2001  9:10 pm
Subject:  Rep ideas for church concert.

Hi everyone

I've been asked by a soprano friend for some ideas for a concert in a local
church. She has been given free reign as to the repertoire, but would like
it to be a consistent programme. Therefore she would like it to be all
opera, or no opera, but not a mix. She is a lyric soprano, with dramatic
tendencies and very good characterisations. I am a lyric tenor. We will
also have the services of a contralto, who I haven't heard yet, a baritone
who apparently has a warm but quite quiet voice, and possibly a counter
tenor. The evening will be accompanied by piano. If there are any major
ensemble pieces, possibly sacred or possibly opera that could form the basis
of a programme that would be perfect. Sorry that this is a bit vague, but
it is a first for most of us so help is definitely needed!

Best wishes
Colin Reed, tenor
Newark, UK

emusic.com