Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Milena Sertich Grubor <mgrubor@u...>
Date:  Fri Oct 26, 2001  3:49 pm
Subject:  Singing Folk Music

I was wondering how some of you approach singing folk music...I am
currently working on some south slavic folk songs and keep getting the
comment from my teacher that my sound is nasal and not as nice a sound as
when I sing classical rep. The folk music is stuff I have known all my life
and sang as such, but now I want to prepare a set for a recital...
I find I don't project as well when I sing in "folk style" but
I think the timbre is better to my ear (however that in itself may be
totally misleading) Any suggestions?
Milena

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
milena sertic grubor -
801 east ann street -
ann arbor, michigan 48104 -
248-217-7310 cell -
248-641-9078 home troy -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Initial
Let your beauty manifest itself
without talking and calculation,
You are silent. It says for you: I am.
And comes in meaning thousandfold,
comes at long last over everyone.
-Rainer Marie Rilke

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
14942 Re: Singing Folk MusicKathryn Thickstun Leff   Fri  10/26/2001
14998 Re: Singing Folk MusicTracy   Mon  10/29/2001
15000 Menotti's GOYAKaren Mercedes   Mon  10/29/2001
15005 Re: Singing Folk MusicKathryn Thickstun Leff   Mon  10/29/2001

emusic.com