Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Michael Eckford <michaelb@i...>
Date:  Fri Oct 26, 2001  12:09 am
Subject:  concert announcement/Michael visual

Hello all,

Just to prove that in addition to occasional rants on various & sundrie
off-topics, I occasionally actually get hired to actually sing:

This weekend, Friday, October 26 in Duncan, BC and Saturday, October 27,
8 PM, in Victoria, I am performing with the Palm Court Orchestra, a
wonderful professional orchestra conducted by the wonderful Charles
Job. The PCO specializes in light classical music, mostly from the
early 20th century. Here's the blurb from the PCO website
http://victoria.tc.ca/Culture/PalmCourt/concert.html:

"Journey back to the days of the Empire when the sun never set and
Britannia ruled the waves. Rudyard Kipling, Albert Ketelbey and Mrs. Amy
Woodforde-Finden brought their images of exotic lands into the parlours
of Victorian and Edwardian England and legendary Australian baritone
Peter Dawson would have been the perfect house guest."

I'm singing On The Road To Mandalay, The Lost Chord, Kashmiri Love Song,
Loch Lomond, Just A-Wearyin' For You and A Perfect Day - wonderful
unashamedly schmaltzy fun stuff... Rather healing, I venture to say, in
these weird times in which we find ourselves... And by clicking on said
website, you will get an idea of what Green Eccentric Introverts With
Loud Voices may look like...

Cheers.

Michael

Michael Eckford <michaelb@i...>
Earth, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

"Out beyond ideas of right and wrong, there is a field. I'll meet you
there." – Rumi

"We believe that it is time to face very tough issues which may be
painful, and deal with all parts of the organization, and create a new
structure, new relationships, new operating models that create a solid
foundation." - Bob Weiss, Chairman of the Board, Toronto Symphony
Orchestra

"As long as we have vast unmet human needs and idle human and nonhuman
resources, finance should never be allowed to stand in the way of doing
what must be done. Could anything be more insane than for the human
race to die out because we 'couldn't afford' to save ourselves." -Dr.
John Hargrove Hotson (1993), Emeritus Professor of Economics, University
of Waterloo and co-founder of COMER

“We gain freedom only as we accept responsibility for using it with
mindfulness of the needs of the whole.” – David Korten, via Desmond
Berghofer, Millennium Diary, September 4, 2001
http://www.creative-learning.ca/diary/calendar/

“Drink coffee – Do stupid things faster with more energy.”

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
14938 Re: concert announcement/Michael visualErica Zweig   Fri  10/26/2001
14941 Re: concert announcement/Michael visualKaren Mercedes   Fri  10/26/2001

emusic.com