Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Oct 25, 2001  1:51 pm
Subject:  OFF: Same 'ole, same 'ole..... (fwd)

A journalist assigned to the Jerusalem bureau takes an apartment
overlooking the historic Wailing Wall. Everyday when she looks out, she
sees an old bearded Jewish man praying vigorously. Certain he would be a
good interview subject, the journalist goes down to the Wall and
introduces herself.

She asks, "You come every day to the Wall, sir, how long have you been doing
that, and what are you praying for?"

The old man replies, "I have come here to pray every day for 25 years. In
the morning I pray for world peace and for the brotherhood of man. I go
home, have a cup of tea and a bit of lunch, then I come back and pray for
the eradication of illness and disease from the earth. And very,
very important: I pray for peace and understanding between the Israelis
and Palestinians."

The journalist is very impressed. "How does it make you feel to come here
every day for 25 years and pray for these wonderful things?" she asks.

The old man replies calmly, "I feel like I'm talking to a wall."

emusic.com