Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Craig Tompkins <craigtompkins@t...>
Date:  Tue Oct 23, 2001  11:54 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Songs 8-10 year olds would enjoy

Imthurn Melinda wrote:

>I have been hired to do a short (15-20 minute) program
>for 3rd and 4th graders. I would appreciate any
>suggestions for songs they would enjoy.

Benjamin Britten: Friday Afternoon contains lots of fun songs written
specificaly for kids to perform.
Malcolm Williamson: From a Child's Garden contains 12 delightful
settings of Robert Louis Stevenson.
Reynaldo Hahn: Five little songs (in English) also settings of R. L.
Stevenson.
Maurice Ravel: Histoires Naturelles are great stories about animals if
your French is really good!
Lucy Simon: The Secret Garden contains some really beautiful songs.
Richard Wilson: Eight Comic Songs are not all suitable for young ears ;-)
For an extensive list of songs suitable for children to both sing and
listen to, check out the syllabus of the Royal Conservatory of Music,
published by The Frederick Harris Music Co., Limited
<http://www.frederickharrismusic.com> .

Have fun with this program. Let us know the rep you choose, and the
reaction you get frim the kids!

Cheers
Craig, Burnaby BC

emusic.com