Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
"Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
Date:  Mon Oct 22, 2001  7:05 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Songs 8-10 year olds would enjoy

Hi there,
How about:

1. The Serpent by Lee Hoiby (from his Songs for Leontyne)
2. Of Gods & Cats by Jake Heggie in his book "The Faces of Love". The
book says the songs are for mezzo and piano, but they don't seem too low for
a soprano.
a) In the Beginning
b) Once Upon a Universe
3. There are other sets in the Jake Heggie book, including "Paper Wings"
which includes "Bedtime Storm" and "Mitten Smitten", the set called "Songs
to the Moon" which has pieces called "What the Rattlesnake Said", "The
Haughty Snail-King", etc.

If you'd the lyrics to any of these pieces let me know. I'll be happy to
post them.

Laura Ruiz

DealDivas.com - Harmonizing Culture & Price
http://www.DealDivas.com

This will be our reply to violence:
To make music more intensely,
more beautifully,