Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Sun Oct 21, 2001  6:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re:soloist voice singing in the choir

In a message dated 10/19/01 10:18:24 AM, Mezzoid@a... writes:

<< I just decided to stop singing chorus gigs -- at least regular ones, I'll
still do pick-up work. My back doesn't want to stand on the risers, my
shoulders don't like holding the folders, and at least in some circumstances,
I wind up feeling vocally constipated.

I gave up on choral singing long ago--it was bad for my technique! I got
tired of being crammed in with a million other people--with no space to
spread out and BREATHE! My shoulders and elbows were scrunched, and there was
not even room to stand with feet apart. And then they expect us to sing
well....

Still I'd love to be part of a really good quartet or small ensemble.

Sigh!

Judy

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
14849 Re[2]: [vocalist] Re:soloist voice singing in theVicki Bryant   Sun  10/21/2001

emusic.com