Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Terry Mitchell" <tmitche2@t...>
"Terry Mitchell" <tmitche2@t...>
Date:  Fri Oct 19, 2001  6:33 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: speaking of support

Someone wrote about putting 10 pounds of sugar into a 5 pound bag as
comparison to taking in too much breath. (Sorry, but I deleted the post
before I thought of my response and I don't remember who wrote that.)

If you are adventurous, get 2 balloons, four cups of water, and a funnel.
Tie a knot halfway down on one balloon and have the student try to put all
the water into it. (You have to figure out what size balloons you'll be
using, and doing it over a sink would be wise.) When the student can't put
four cups into the knotted balloon, then have the student pour four cups
into the balloon that doesn't have any knots, explaining that the lower half
of the second balloon represents the rest of the body that can take in air.
The idea is to open up the rest of the body.
Terry

emusic.com