Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  EJohans@U...
EJohans@U...
Date:  Fri Oct 19, 2001  6:16 pm
Subject:  appoggio

Dear Friends--

I am fifty-four, a veteran teacher/performer, but I never encountered a
better way to understand appoggio than that suggested by Dr. Lloyd
Hanson, a longtime contributor to the list and a pedagogue I highly
respect. Dr H suggests fogging up glasses or a mirror. It takes little
air to do that well. I found I could sing and fog at the same time. As
I tried further, I became aware of what the obliques were doing as a
part of the support. Then I 'got it'! Perhaps an archival search can
find Dr. Hanson's post and repost it or maybe the man himself will do
it.

Pax,

ERIK JOHANSON
Tenor