Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
"John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
Date:  Fri Oct 19, 2001  12:38 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] speaking of support

I thought I understood support and have discussed it in the past. Then
I started lessons (yes, I finally started a year ago). My teacher fixed
me in one minute by having me lean against a support and sing. Her
ex-husband who is also a voice teacher/composer and who is a patient of
mine showed me a flyer for a device he developed to teach support. It
is somewhat clever IMO. I think he has in mind selling it to voice
teachers for use in their studios.

It is basically a buttress like you might see on a Nordic Trak that the
singer leans against. If any are interested, contact him at
rlok1@a...; his name is Roger Lentz and he calls it the Diaphragmatic
rlok1@a...; his name is Roger Lentz and he calls it the Diaphragmatic
Breathing Stand.

Just a litte FYI

John

John Messmer, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Family and Community Medicine
Penn State Hershey Medical Center

emusic.com