Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Thu Oct 18, 2001  7:57 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vocal Pedagogy direction?

In a message dated 10/17/2001 10:25:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dalila@R... writes:

<< Given how very, very few people speak with anything approaching good vocal
technique, I would be highly wary of ANY singing technique that takes
speech as a role model, except perhaps in the un(self)consciousness of the
inhalation process. >>

That's why, as I've mentioned earlier in more than one post, it is imperative
that you find the applicable speech. My teacher and I call if "sing/speech",
which refers to the type of speech which translates into singing. Once you
find it, your entire range is rooted on that speech and has no breaks. And it
is slightly different than just plain speech. For those lucky few are
"naturals", my belief is that they happen to speak on this "sing/speech" just
by "accident", and so the leap to singing and singing well is eliminated.
They can just do it.
TinaO

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
14801 Re: Vocal Pedagogy direction?Karen Mercedes   Thu  10/18/2001

emusic.com