Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Nande" <denanny@h...>
"Nande" <denanny@h...>
Date:  Thu Oct 18, 2001  9:44 am
Subject:  Re: Forgetting how to breathe

Hi Kevin,

I know exactly what you mean! I even start to hyperventilate (well,
amost) when I pay too much attention to my breathing.

I find that holding something small in my hand and squeezing it a
little (!) helps a bit. I use plain pebbles for this, or one of those
small balls used by jugglers. (They're better for squeezing)

I do notice that 'simply letting it happen' only really happens when
I'm not so hellbent on getting it right. Which is logical I guess...

But, anyone who has other tips: I'd welcome them too!!

Bye,
Nande

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "Kevin Hollis" < --- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "Kevin Hollis" < > I feel that I've worked too hard at breathing over the last 6
months and
> want to figure out how to 'let breathing happen' rather than
thinking about
> every breath. Apart from taking Yoga/Tai-Chi classes can someone
suggest
> excersizes for taking my brain somewhere else while I breathe ?
>
> Kevin.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14790 Re: Forgetting how to breathe Jennifer   Thu  10/18/2001   2 KB
14804 Re: Forgetting how to breathe Vicki Bryant   Fri  10/19/2001   2 KB

emusic.com