Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Greypins@a...
Greypins@a...
Date:  Wed Oct 17, 2001  10:06 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vocal Pedagogy direction? Long & Opinion to Mike mostly!

In a message dated 10/17/2001 5:24:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Idbelsey@y... writes:
Idbelsey@y... writes:

<< I wrote that post when I'd had one too many
sherry!! I'm amazed that it was as lucid as it was!! >>

(sherry? instant heartburn! ian, how can you stand that stuff?)
don't worry, i don't think anyone noticed.

<< I wasn't
just disagreeing for the Hell of it!! >>

ah! the joys of incidental disagreement...

<< Mind you, still not quite convinced by lower voices
for instance doing the crooner thing. . .? Having said
that, I'd far rather have Moon River than Mozart's
Figaro anyday!! Lol! >>

are you saying that it is wrong (bing, dick haymes, late frank, joe
williams, scott walker, etc.) for lower voices to do the crooner thing? or,
just not your preference? englebert humperdink (the real one, not that
silly opera composer guy) is a baritone, so are scott walker and 'old
blue-balls'. do you consider baritone to be other than a lower voice?

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14767 Re: Vocal Pedagogy direction? Long & Opinion to M Karen Mercedes   Wed  10/17/2001   2 KB
14842 Re: Vocal Pedagogy direction? Long & Opinion to M Ian Belsey   Sun  10/21/2001   4 KB
14843 Apologies!!! Ian Belsey   Sun  10/21/2001   2 KB

emusic.com