Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  lolipastor@a...
lolipastor@a...
Date:  Wed Oct 17, 2001  5:36 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vocal Pedagogy direction? Long & Opinion

An example of one thing that cracks me up about Vocalist:

Karen made a point to say:
"Frankly, I'm always highly suspicious of any vocal pedagogical theory,
approach, etc. that has a label - particularly a label with initial
uppercase levels (e.g., Speech-Level Singing). The one exception, for me,
is "bel canto" (note lack of initial caps"

and then in Randy's heated response he (purposely?) capitalized "Bel Canto"
and made "speech-level singing" lowercase.

Was this intentional? I don't know, but I find it hilarious. No matter what
we're talking about, we have to be a little more right than the person
before. Such is the intelligent singer.

Lauren

emusic.com