Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Ricciardi, Rick" <RRicciardi@S...>
Date:  Tue May 9, 2000  6:52 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] career + children

That's very interesting. When Renata Tebaldi came to New York, a couple of
years ago. She too, was asked about her decision not to have children and
such. Her answer was that she simply wanted an opera career and she felt it
wouldn't have been fair to the "bambino" if she was gone all the time and
not devoting essential time to her child. It is for that reason that she
decided early on that children were not part of her plans. It's a decision
that she took and I wonder whether she regrets it or not. Personally, not
having children but I do have a partner, it is hard enough to have to be
gone singing and having to "find time" to devote to your relationship.

Would you trade places with Renata Tebaldi?......
decisions, decisions....

Rick