Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Tue Oct 16, 2001  2:25 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] I want my high notes back!

>I used to vocalize up to a high g (above c) before the
>summer started, now, if i work hard, i can get up to a
>d and maybe an e legato, staccato i can still get up
>to a g, but i can't hold it. What can i do to get
>those high notes back?

You write "if I work hard...". Mmm. maybe that's the problem, rather
than the solution? I would suggest working (no, playing) _easily.
Also, it might be useful to sing along with some recordings that
spend some time in the stratosphere. As a baritone, I find singing
along with Steve Perry (of Journey) to be very effective in improving
my highest notes. I suspect that it has something to do with having a
good model. Be sure to not force anything. Instead, let yourself NOT
sing anything that isn't there without effort.

Good luck,
John Link

http://www.mp3.com/JohnLinkFeldenkrais

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14726 Re: I want my high notes back! Jennifer   Tue  10/16/2001   3 KB
14730 Re: I want my high notes back! John Link   Tue  10/16/2001   2 KB

emusic.com