Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jennifer" <jennibri@i...>
Date:  Tue May 9, 2000  2:22 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] re: observing Met auditions?

> Are the Met regional/local auditions open to the general public? How
> did you get in?

In my vicinity (Vancouver, Canada), the local auditions are free and anyone
can watch. I found out last time because the info was posted on the opera
bulletin board at the university I attend. Not sure how the general public
would find out... The regional auditions in Seattle are open to anyone as
well, but it costs a small amount to get in (last time $10 general, $5 with
a student card). That info I found last time on Ticketmaster.com. Dates are
November/December for local, and January/February for regional.

Jennifer

emusic.com