Vocalist.org archive

From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Tue May 9, 2000  12:15 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] re: observing Met auditions?

roses41usa@n... wrote:

> Hi Peggy,
> Are the Met regional/local auditions open to the general public? How
> did you get in? I observed some of the auditions during the Marion
> Anderson Vocal Arts Competition. It was absolutely
> fascinating!
> Thanks,
> Howard

I got a ticket from a friend who contributes to the National Council. However,
ticketholders have to be there by a certain time, and after that, they let the
folks
waiting on line in to take available seats. I think they accommodated everyone
by putting
folding chairs in the back of the room (the small auditorium in the National
Gallery East
Wing).
I guess the challenge is learning when it is, but I suppose it's the same time
every year
(It was Saturday, Feb. 5 at 1:30), so you could call the National Gallery a few
weeks
before.

Peggy

--