Vocalist.org archive

From:  <williams@e...>
Date:  Tue May 9, 2000  12:08 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] singing parents email group

Dean wrote:

>I think (my opinion) this is beginning to get silly, all these take-offs
from
>vocalist. If you're going to do Singing Parents let's do one for Singing
Uncles
>or
>Singing Aunts/Cousins/Grandparents/ or Nephews. How about Singing Friends
of
>Singers or Non-Singing Friends or Non-Singing Parents of singing children?
Oh,
>here's a good one, Singing Humans. That eliminates a whole bunch. -jk-

Dean,

I must respectfully disagree. (unless you are just joking, then maybe I am
taking you too seriously) I have been reading Vocalist for almost three
years and I have noticed that the parenting related threads never seem to go
very far. Perhaps it is because of lack of interest but maybe it is because
people just do not feel comfortable discussing "personal" issues on such a
big list. I know I don't. I also don't think that the "singing Aunt/
uncles/cousins etc. have to deal with the VERY REAL pressures of paying for
lessons(vs. buying your kids shoes), finding time to practice(when you are
exhausted from caring for an infant all day/night) let alone the stresses of
finding childcare while you are performing or auditioning. For those of you
who are currently rolling your eyes or having a gag reflex to the above
sentence, well then, maybe you can see why a list for singing parents would
be greatly appreciated.

Call me over sensitive,

Valerie Williams

emusic.com