Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Margaret Harrison <peggyh@i...>
Date:  Sat Oct 13, 2001  7:06 pm
Subject:  A former Vocalister on stage

Dear list:

Before I forget, those of you who've been around for a while
may remember Madeleine Gray, a mezzo soprano, who when she
first wrote to the old Vocalist, lived in England and had
frequent professional work there. She moved to the US, to
Baltimore, and wrote to the list about her move and how to
get started with a professional singing career here.

She came here, and almost immediately was hired in the
Washington Opera chorus, and even did a small comprimario
role or two with TWO.

Today, I read a rave review of Baltimore Opera's Barber of
Seville in The Washington Post, and whose name should I see
as Berta but Madeleine Gray's. It's nice to see one of our
"alumni" doing so well!

(I'd provide a link to the review, but it was one of those
short reviews with one sentence about Madeleine's Berta -
something like "sonorous energy".)

Peggy

--
mailto:peggyh@i...