Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  laura@d...
Date:  Sat Oct 13, 2001  2:53 am
Subject:  Re: teacher's conduct

Hi there,
I'm not sure I can offer any real suggestions. But has the student
gone back to the head of that music department to discuss the
situation with her? Or perhaps teacher B should talk with the music
department head as well even.

It sounds like teacher D has some serious issues and may need a
possible disciplinary action from the music department head (I don't
know if that's done, it's just a thought) since bad-mouthing a
student should be completely inexcusable. As should wasting the
student's time in a lesson. Now mind you, I enjoy having chats with
my teacher at my lessons, but when that happens it invariably extends
the length of the time we work together so I get a full-lesson-worth
of teaching. If she paid for 30 minutes but only got 15 then that's
wrong too.

That's a really tough one. I hope someone here has some good
suggestions for you.

Laura

This will be our reply to violence:
To make music more beautifully,