Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Sat Oct 13, 2001  2:01 am
Subject:  OFF: RUMINT - Halloween Warning!

Just because it never pays to be too careful: I heard today from a friend
that a woman she knows in Laurel, Maryland has (had?) a boyfriend from
Afghanistan who, before September 11th, disappeared, leaving her a letter
that told her:

1) Not to take a flight anywhere on 9/11.

2) Not to go anywhere near the Mall (mall?) on 10/31 (Halloween). Not sure
- because this was told to me verbally, whether the "mall" has a capital
"M" or not.

In any case, I've never liked to spread rumours - but in the current
environment, as I said, even if it turns out to be rot - well, it can't
hurt anyone to avoid the mall AND the Mall (in D.C.) on October 31st.

By the way, the girl with the mysterious boyfriend did pass the letter on
to the FBI. Wonder if that might be one of many sources of their current
extremely non-specific warnings about imminent terrorist attacks.

Karen Mercedes
===
On Neil Shicoff - http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html
On yours truly - http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

| For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that |
| appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. |
| - James 4:14 |