Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
"Deal Diva Laura" <laura@d...>
Date:  Thu Oct 11, 2001  3:38 pm
Subject:  Bernstein Quote

Hi all,
I felt that the Bernstein quote (see sig) was very, very appropriate given
recent events - thank you so much to the original poster - so I decided to
create a couple of designs to go on shirts and a couple of other items as
well. All profits from the sale of these products will be automatically
donated to the Fireman's Fund. If anyone is interested in checking out
these products, you can go to my website (http://www.dealdivas.com) which
has a prominent link on the homepage to the charity store.

Also, thanks to everyone for their suggestions of music for a Halloween
concert. I think it's going to be a lot of fun and we're using a number of
pieces suggested. For those of you in the So. Cal. area, I'll be sending
out a performance announcement in the next week or so. The one problem we
ended up with was only one male singer (baritone) chose to participate this
time around. So we're adding a couple of instrumental pieces. Being a
violinist as well, I'm pulling together a string quartet to perform a piece
by Charles Ives called "Halloween - for String Quartet & Piano", and we'll
likely have our pianist play something appropriate as well - maybe the
Mephisto Waltz or some such thing. We're hoping to do a recital like this
every month to start to get the name of our company out there - Lyric Opera
of Los Angeles (LOLA for short). So bring on the theme ideas! I'm thinking
of a Fall theme for next month, don't know what would be the best thing for
December (suggestions?), maybe a Fairies theme in January...I don't know.
Maybe I'm nuts for wanting to do "themes" all the time. But it seems to
always bring out the creativity in people to come up with appropriate music.

Well, back to work and the kids! I sure do love reading the postings in
this group.

Laura Ruiz
DealDivas.com - Harmonizing Culture & Price
http://www.dealdivas.com
Laura@D...
Laura@D...

This will be our reply to violence:
To make music more intensely,
more beautifully,
more devotedly than ever before.
-Leonard Bernstein

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14658 Re: Bernstein Quote Rachel Parker   Fri  10/12/2001   3 KB

emusic.com