Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Wed Oct 10, 2001  11:08 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OFF: Talk Soup (was: low notes)

We changed the program we are presenting at the end of the month as well.
It was originally meant to be a concert of opera mad scenes, but by
consensus the singers and theatre decided a program of arias/songs from
American operas and operettas would be more appropriate. I'm singing "The
Empty-Handed Traveller" from Menotti's THE CONSUL, which is pretty darned
depressing, but also "'Neath the Southern Moon" from NAUGHTY MARIETTA, and
"Simple Song" from Bernstein's MASS, so I think I've got all bases covered
temperament-wise.

KM
===
On Neil Shicoff - http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html
On yours truly - http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

| For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that |
| appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. |
| - James 4:14 |