Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  arado_ge@y...
arado_ge@y...
Date:  Mon Oct 8, 2001  12:52 pm
Subject:  low notes

I have a serious problems with low notes. They don't work. I'm a
mezzo but I'm currently having a really hard time singing from middle
C to just a third (A) below. I find that the notes lack texture and
depth. Years ago I used to be able to get as far down as an E below
middle C but that was in the days of excessive partying and drinking
in smoky atmospheres. Unfortunately, I can't keep up with that
lifestyle anymore!!!!

Sometimes, when I try working on these notes I get the most
disgusting sound ever!!! This sort of growling/vibrating sound
starts in the back of my throat. I think it's because my tongue is
not placed forward enough but I don't know.

Then, after working these notes my voice feels completely exhausted
and even talking is a major effort. This tells me my technique is
all wrong. Does anyone have a ny suggestsions of exercises I can
work on to try and develop this part of my range or can explain to me
what I am doing wrong.

Thanks.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
14580 Re: low notes info@g...   Mon  10/8/2001   3 KB
14585 Re: low notes arado_ge@y...   Mon  10/8/2001   4 KB
14581 Re: low notes Mezzoid@a...   Mon  10/8/2001   4 KB
14582 Re: low notes Karen Mercedes   Mon  10/8/2001   4 KB
14586 Re: low notes arado_ge@y...   Mon  10/8/2001   2 KB
14583 Re: low notes Mezzoid@a...   Mon  10/8/2001   3 KB
14592 Re: low notes Lee Morgan   Tue  10/9/2001   4 KB
14591 Re: low notes Lee Morgan   Tue  10/9/2001   4 KB
14595 Re: low notes lolipastor@a...   Tue  10/9/2001   2 KB

emusic.com