Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  leskayc@a...
leskayc@a...
Date:  Sat Oct 6, 2001  3:29 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Information on young voices

In a message dated 10/5/01 2:54:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
ODivaTina@a... writes:
ODivaTina@a... writes:

> > Dr. Tom Cleveland at the Vanderbilt Voice Center says that
> > 98% or all females are sopranos of one sort or the other.
>
> I don't understand this. Is he saying basically that 2% of all women are
> Contraltos and the rest are Mezzo-sopranos or Sopranos?
> TinaO

This is the way I understood it. Perhaps he was just making the point that
true contraltos are pretty rare. At the time we were discussing why in the
world I ever thought that I was an alto-which is what got me into trouble to

Leslie

emusic.com