Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
"Lea Ann" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Fri Oct 5, 2001  8:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Half-hour lessons

if a beginner can't get something out of a half hour lesson, that's
the teacher's fault, not the student's (unless the student is a total moron).

hour long lessons are for students who have a lot more singing to show
the teacher and can handle several rounds of advice at once. (or, they're
for teachers who have fallen into their anecdotage.)

Isn't it strange that soemone would think this? We attend universities and
sit through sometimes a four hour long class...but we think 1/2 an hour is
enough for a lesson in singing. My harp lessons were 2 hours long....what is
the problem with an hour lesson? Makes sense to me...I think it's a matter of
$$$ as usual.

Lea Ann

emusic.com