Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  sopran@a...
Date:  Fri Oct 5, 2001  4:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Stuck

In a message dated 10/5/01 10:06:06 AM, peggyh@i... writes:

<< The other is "A Soprano on Her Head". Again, I forget the author. Both
are easily available on amazon.com or your favorite book source. >>

Great book! It's by Eloise Ristad.

Another book that you might look at is Lamperti's Vocal Wisdom. I love it
and find myself referring back to it time and again for insights and
information.

I also enjoy and recommend "The Last Prima Donnas" by Lanfrance Rasponi--not
so much because you'll learn a great deal about technique, but you will get a
perspective on the hard work, discipline, dedication and attention to detail
that are vital to great artistry. And you'll get lots of information on
repertoire and a history lesson at the same time!

More on books not related to singing--

A former teacher once recommended "Zen and the Art of Archery." I've never
read it, although I read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" (which I
believe is similar) at the insistence of a man that I was dating at the time.
;-)

emusic.com