Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  "Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
"Kevin Hollis" <khollis@m...>
Date:  Thu Oct 4, 2001  11:04 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] OFF: Michael returns/world events - LONG

(I debated just replying personally, but this stuff is just SO important
that it's hard to keep silence.)

Thanks Michael. It's really important that the 'rest of the world' hears
Americans expressing those views.

It can be a little frightening that the last great superpower has a
president that had barely stepped outside his own country prior to being
installed in office, that a massive percentage of the population don't even
possess a passport, that America generates global greenhouse emmissions way
out of proportion to its population and has pulled out of Kyoto, that
America cannot sign up to the Geneva convention on human rights ... the list
goes on-and-on. For thos who want to ask themselves the questions simply
google-search "Bush foreign policy" or "Bush first hundred days", the sites
you find will raise many more issues than I have.

This isn't supposed to be an anti-American tirade. My wife is American, and
I REALLY feel for the turmoil which must exist in a nation whose national
identity has been based so much in power and optimism.

The reality is that America IS the last superpower and that makes it's
global responsibilities immense.

Keep the voice loud Michael, and not only where the singing is concerned !

Kevin

emusic.com