Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Sun May 7, 2000  4:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] apprenticeships and careers (was: The Met auditions)

Isabelle-

I don't have answers to all your questions (not having an "International
Career" myself ;-), but I do know a former class-mate of mine went through both
the Houston and Chicago programs. I believe she is still living in Chicago,
but I haven't heard anything about her since she finished at the Lyric.

I, too, wish I knew what kind of singer they were looking for. I hope to do
some of these auditions next Spring, and I am 30 years old (which goes back and
forth between "SO YOUNG" and "TOO OLD TO BE GETTING STARTED"). I am quite sure
though, that none of these things is a guarantee of an international career.
They are impressive resume material, probably good learning experiences, and
probably good for contacts, but it is still always up to you (or to us, I
should say). DARN!!!

Lisa-Marie