Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Naomi Gurt Lind <omigurt@m...>
Date:  Wed Oct 3, 2001  3:54 pm
Subject:  re: Rome Festival

Heather wrote:

>Hi, I haven't posted in awhile, but I found something I was interested in
>learning more about. At my school I saw a flier for the Rome Festival coming
>up this summer. I've checked out the website, and it sounds wonderful, but
>does anyone know anything about it? Thank you!

If I were you I would investigate this carefully; check out
www.classicalsinger.com, for example, and other web sites for classical
singers. The program has been around a long time and yet it has no
prominent alumni that promote it. I think it can be a valuable program
under specific circumstances: an artist wanting the chance to do a complete
role in the original language and/or work on a specific personal goal that
requires little to no outside support.

emusic.com