Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  <zdivina@g...>
<zdivina@g...>
Date:  Wed Oct 3, 2001  1:00 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] An die Sterne

Dear Shanna and All,

If you do not know the basic German pronunciation so far, no amount of
READING about it, either from the book or on-line, is going to help you
much! You have to hear it, and someone has hear you and correct you. The
best approach at this point is to go to a language coach or a native German
speaker who will drill the lyrics into your head by rote.

Also, it's not cute at all for a singer or a singer-to-be to be proud of the
lack of knowledge of at least the basic pronunciation of foreign languages.
Singing in foreign languages is an integral part of classical singer's
education. The excuse "I'm terrible with languages" - does not even come
into the equation! Anybody can learn the basics, and a singer definitely has
to. Sign-up for a basic language training at the community college or
university. It's an effort that will pay off every time you sing in the
future.

mariella