Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Sun May 7, 2000  6:30 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Met Auditions

Peggy asked:

>So my question for those who have judged Met auditions - what are you supposed
o reward?

As a Met Audition judge, I have never been instructed as to what I should
reward. Since I am a voice teacher by profession, I think it is assumed that
I will know good singing when I hear it, and that's why I was asked to judge
in the first place. Of course, the three judges always have different opinions
on which singers are the best, and the winners are arrived at via discussion,
as opposed to NATS auditions, where most often individual scores are averaged
to determine the winners.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

emusic.com