Vocalist.org archive

From:  Diane Moore <adinca@i...>
Date:  Sun May 7, 2000  2:58 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] "faching up"

Jeffrey, what about a lyric or French baritone? One gentleman I've heard
was told he was a tenor and vocalized and sang in the tenor range but wasn't
really happy there - also, the quality of the sound wasn't tenor-ial around
the high A. He's singing baritone, developing more and more resonance in
the lower register, and floats typical high baritone notes easily. The
tonal quality is superb, yet it isn't a Merrill or Milnes (sp?), nor is it
tenor (as in The 3). Difficult to pin down, but he seems to have nailed it
now, in his early thirties, and should be becoming much more widely
recognized soon (marvelous instrument very intelligently handled and great
musicianship).

Just a thought ...

Diane M.