Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  ODivaTina@a...
ODivaTina@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 1, 2001  5:53 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] A question of register

In a message dated 10/1/2001 12:44:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
lolipastor@a... writes:
lolipastor@a... writes:

> It's bothering me that so many male singers are answering these questions on
> the female chest voice issue. It seems like their answers are based mostly
> on single cases of unusual voices. But I would like to hear if most women
> here would agree that for the majority of women out there, this high chest
> just isn't possible. I know from personal experience -- as being a former
> juvenile belter -- and from having many musical theatre students.

Wow! I truly don't know about the majority. I've always had a high chest and
my whole problem has been with mixing the head down into it, so, for me, I
wouldn't fit into your generality.
As for my female voice students, nearly all of them had this same set up, as
well. So, go figure. Maybe I attracted them, somehow. I am very interested
to hear from the rest out there on this one.
TinaO

emusic.com