Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  leskayc@a...
leskayc@a...
Date:  Mon Oct 1, 2001  3:43 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] A question of register

In a message dated 10/1/01 9:58:53 AM Central Daylight Time,
lolipastor@a... writes:
lolipastor@a... writes:

> but I would
> be very interested to hear more on this subject from you (or from anyone
> else, of course)

OK, I am going to get in this. I am not a pedagogue, but I did have to have
voice surgery 3 years ago (polyp). As part of my rehab I had the privilege
of working with Dr. Tom Cleveland at the Vanderbilt Voice Center in
Nashville, Tn. I was told by him that the number 1 cause of vocal cord
lesions in sopranos and tenors was taking the chest voice too high. Now that
I don't sing chest anymore I have added close to an octave to my range-I have
much more resonance and no more raspy throat........................

Leslie, who is now a high soprano with lots of range and very little chest
voice....

emusic.com