Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Oct 1, 2001  1:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] re: HELP: That elusive high B

To everyone who made suggestions to help me conquer my problem: many, many
thanks. I'm working with all these different ideas, and hope to start
solidifying my success.

In the meantime, I've decided to "play it safe" with the recording
tomorrow, and to recording the Letter Scene from WERTHER instead - a piece
I sing really well, and can "do in my sleep". The tape is an audition
tape, which is why I was at first hesitant to include such a long piece -
but on reflection, I realize it's a good choice because it includes so
many changes in mood, vocal colours, etc.

I still hope to do the Seguidille at my recital at the end of October - by
then I will have had more time to work with all the various ideas you've
given me.

Many thanks again,

Karen
===
On Neil Shicoff - http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html
On yours truly - http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html

| For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that |
| appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. |
| - James 4:14 |