Vocalist.org archive

<
From:  lolipastor@a...
lolipastor@a...
Date:  Sun Sep 30, 2001  9:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] A question of register

jennifer--

I ENTIRELY agree with you! Singing in chest voice regularly is NOT a
replacement for a well-built and supported head mix. I'm afraid not enough
people stress this, and there are MANY young female singers (that i've heard)
who have ended up with a big break.

For those of you who are not familiar with this occurance, here's what
results:

between the low, low chest -- like B and below -- and around A above middle
C, the sound gets very fuzzy... no matter what the singer cannot focus it.
It must be so frustrating... I had a friend who was a very talented singer
-- a big beautiful top, and so artistic -- but from so many years of taking
her chest voice up to F above middle C, she got this break, and it really
ruined her.

Please, everyone be careful of this!!

Lauren

emusic.com